Dash Display

Lowlife

German Hardcore
Reaction score
Are there any aftermarket HU's that allow you to retain the display you get in the clock pod? Don't want to end up with a big blank bit in the middle! Also is it possible to wire an aftermarket amp to the concert HU's (i.e' pre-outs/remote feed)? Sure I'm asking a question thats been asked before but its 3am and I'm lazy! Thanks...

Not sure about the amp question, but when I was looking around for an aftermarket HU, Blaupunkt did some models that when coupled with one of their adaptors displayed the radio information in the DIS.

If you pick up the latest brochure from an ICE place, they are detailed in there.

IIRC the adapter is about £60, so quite pricey just to get a gimmicky display on the DIS. All the info you need is about 12 inches to the left of the DIS.

Not a case of needing the information, more a case of not wanting a large part of the DIS left permanently blank. Do you know where I can get 1 from? Thanks...

www.bluespot.co.uk
TBH you won't even notice the DIS left blank. Just seems a strange choice to limit your HU options just to get this feature. I've got a Blaupunkt Woodstock but no way would spend £60 just for the DIS link

Just want a factory feel for the car, £60 is a small price to pay to keep everything looking stock. Sometimes you have to compromise to achieve an overall look/feel. Besides, I'm quite happy with the features the Blaupunkt offers. I had a Mondeo running competion audio a few years back with a Pioneer HU and to be honest it could have been better, I think they spent too much time developing stupid dolphin screen savers and not enough on the actual useabilty of the unit. DOLPHINS ARE ****.

As I said you won't even notice, it is only the top third of the DIS, and just looks the same as if you have the stock HU turned off.
You're looking for a stock look but going to fit a Blaupunkt HU? None of them look anything close to stock.
Go for a Becker if you want a decent HU that looks stock.
BTW Pioneer & Competition Audio is a contradiction in terms.