Red illumination?

Randles

Reaction score
Is there any replacment HU on the market with a red illumination that will suit the Audi dash?

I want to replace mine because I have the volume problem and am thinking twice about replacing it with another audi unit because of the bad remarks about them.

Any ideas?

Thanks Andy

Ive never heard of them, have I been sleeping under a rock or something lol

What are these like are they as good as say Alpine, Kenwood or Pioneer? Is Becker in the same league or better?

OEM fitment to Porsche and Ferrari, so that can't be bad can it?!

I've got a Becker 7820 in my A3, and the red illumination is a spot on match.

Although the A3 as standard doesn't have the best speaker setup in the world, the Becker is an improvement on the Concert 2 in the sound stakes in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply Tooks.

Yeah Ive been doing my homewrok they sound very good indead like you said OEM in Porche, Ferrari and other top cars.

I was wondering if the red was a good match so thanks for confirming this Tooks.

A Becker it is then :)

Thanks for the advise both, much appreciated :icon_thumright:

I would futher recommend Becker. I have an Indianopolis Pro in the 911. This model has sat nav included - ipod interface and bluetooth to connect the mobile phone. The sat nav is superb, and this is without the big screen of many. I used it over summer all over Europe - it's excellent.

They come in a variety of illumination colours and you can pick them up new from Ebay at discounted prices.

Additionally, they have nice big buttons and don't have pictures of whales mating as a screen saver like the bling specials from the other major manufacturers.

A+ to becker!

BECKER-INDIANAPOLIS-PRO-7955.jpg

Nice one David I will look into to those rather than the grand prix one if they are only anther £100 thats a bargan.

Thanks again mate!

Nice one! If you need any help wiring it up, give me a shout.

Should be pretty straightforward, even if you've got a semi CANBUS car.

Does the 7922 need a speedo feed for the GPS to work like my 7820 does?

Tooks said:
Nice one! If you need any help wiring it up, give me a shout.

Should be pretty straightforward, even if you've got a semi CANBUS car.

Does the 7922 need a speedo feed for the GPS to work like my 7820 does?

Will do Tooks nice one:icon_thumright:

Would my car be CANBUS then? Its an a4 1999?

Not sure about the speed feed I'll have a look at the insruction when its comes - cant wait to have some good sounds:music:

Your's is pre canbus.

The plugs are the same as OEM so you should be able to plug it in without any rewiring. The Speed signal is already there for the GALA system on the concert radios.

The manual will suggest a reverse signal - in reality you don't need to wire this one in.. I didn't.

I have the Grandprix and Ipod lead, its a fantastic unit, so easy to use, and so factory looking :)

I'll try and get a pic or two posted of my 7820, day and night. It's a bit 'old skool' compared to the 7922, and it's black rather than dark grey, but I've got it paired up to a Solisto MP3 changer which gives me 10 virtual CD's with 99 tracks per virtual CD.

The Becker also displays the name of the MP3 track playing which is quite useful, and the music goes quieter whilst the sat nav woman is doing her stuff!

I'd really have liked an RNS-E, but I was looking at getting on for £600 for that conversion after I'd brought a double DIN cage and leads etc, so the £270 it's cost me for the above setup is a good compromise really. (my 7820 was used off ebay for £110).

Yeah no problem guys I'll get some pictures of up on the weekend. I'm waiting for the wiring adapter I ordered yesterday because I put it in and yes it did plug in but no sound coming from the rears so I ordered this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi-active-wiring-adaptor-p-2490.html because it has the bose system but it does sound really good with just the front speakers going 100% improvement on sound its an excellent stereo and looks very factory and the red display looks a spot on match and yes theres no whale mating and stuff thank god lol Oh yeah and I forgot to get these http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi-facia-adaptor-p-613.html :keule:

I'll be sure to post the pictures up but it wont be until the weekend Im flat out at the moment with my house move:wacko:

does anyone know which clour lead the speedo GAL is on a non Bose TT please?. got my becker installed but don't know where to splice the GAL to :(

if you are fitting a Becker Inianapolis pro to a non Bose car I've just discovered that you need the autoleads PC9-401 lead not the PC9-404 as recomended by Autoleads, you'll also need to take a switched power source from fuse 10 and swap yellow/red leads and connect it to that.

Green and yellow wire, according to Elsawin. (That's for a 2000 on Coupe, give me a shout if you've got an earlier model).

Tooks said:
Green and yellow wire, according to Elsawin. (That's for a 2000 on Coupe, give me a shout if you've got an earlier model).

thanks, do you know if that gets fed to the DIN type plug that goes into the radio on non Bose ( i assume it does on Bose)

If you're using an autoleads adaptor between your car harness and the radio, which I think you are, then you just need to move the wire at the radio end on your autoleads loom to the DIN connector where it will connect to the right terminal on your radio.

You may also need to move the wire in the plug at the other end of your autoleads adaptor to ensure that it will connect with the green and yellow wire on your car loom.

Unless that's not what you mean?!

What model Becker is it?

Tooks said:
If you're using an autoleads adaptor between your car harness and the radio, which I think you are, then you just need to move the wire at the radio end on your autoleads loom to the DIN connector where it will connect to the right terminal on your radio.

You may also need to move the wire in the plug at the other end of your autoleads adaptor to ensure that it will connect with the green and yellow wire on your car loom.

Unless that's not what you mean?!

What model Becker is it?

yes, its an autloeads connector but not for Bose, i had to use the PC9 401, I didn't know if the old wiring loom connector had the GAL input to it, if it does it should be as you say, find the pin on the old plug/loom, move or add a new pin to the PC9-401 and route it to the correct socket on the headunit.

Its an Indianapolis Pro HU.

I gave up on it last night and refitted the HU into the dash and didn't want to pull it all out again until I knew for certain what I was going to be doing, still got to find a way to route the telephone mic lead through hte headlining and A pillar