Sky InsuranceBadger5
    S55 LKS

Status

Question RNS-E install question

I'm probably being a muppet here but I have read through loads of posts on here and Navplus.us and I'm still not 100% sure on the diversity thingy.

Am I right in thinking that I remove the yellow outer casing from the plug already attached to the Concert II in the car. Then I put that innr plug into the 2nd socket on the new antenna adapter..??

All seems straight forward enough but cant help thinking I'm getting mixed up or missing something.

And apologies in advance if I'm just being really stupid.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

yep that right

thats right if you have a look on the gallery there a rns-e install with a photo regarding this

3rd Gear

Status
    I don't see what the problem is, one is for the aerial and one is for the diversity antenna.

S55 LKS

Status
    Sussed it now, what's it they say about a picture being worth a thousand words..??

Status
    That picture is from my own install. If you haven't already, click the "RNS-E sat nav" link in my signature below. I was also a bit confused with the diversity antenna, but when you've got all the bits in front of you it starts to make sense. I also put some extra detail on it in my write-up.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

S55 LKS

Status
    Thanks mate, thats a very useful thread. Things aren't quite as straightforward for me as I've go a sinle Din Concert II at the minute. But I'll get it sorted I'm sure