How to reset symphony 2 stereo (with BOSE)

Garrity

Reaction score
Website
www.flic.me.uk
Basically i'm a total twunt - following on from this thread (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=34010) I was trying to fit my aftermarket sub an amp, but i stupidly wired in the +12v and earth the wrong way round, I heard some click and now the stearo won't turn on period.

I'm guessing (hoping) i've tripped something, does anyone know how to reset the stearo or any help/advice would be appreciated, seriously hoping I haven't balls up my stearo.

Chris

I may be wrong but I get the feeling you may well have fried something. I dont think there is anything to trip.
You may well be lucky and there may be an internal fuse in the head unit but you'd have to open it up to take a look. :crying:

Found the problem, looking though the audi manual/book/thing that came with the car, there's a fuse for the radio in the normal fuse box, just checked it and it's gone, will replace it in the morning, but it's a big relef that it's nothing serious (well, still need to replace the fuse, but i have faith that's the problem).

Will teach me to rush things to try and get them done before going out - I should have just left it until tomorrow when there was daylight.

Sorry for my panic post, I was going to delete this, but though it might be useful just incase anyone does the same thing as me :p