Badger5EM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Help - symphony 2 stereo won't turn on - how do i reset it?

Basically i'm a total twunt - following on from this thread (Replacing BOSE sub in an S3) I was trying to fit my aftermarket sub an amp, but i stupidly wired in the +12v and earth the wrong way round, I heard some click and now the stearo won't turn on period.

I'm guessing (hoping) i've tripped something, does anyone know how to reset the stearo or any help/advice would be appreciated, seriously hoping I haven't balls up my stearo.

Chris
    Last edited by Garrity; 3rd February 2007 at 19:41.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S55 LKS

Status
    I may be wrong but I get the feeling you may well have fried something. I dont think there is anything to trip.
    You may well be lucky and there may be an internal fuse in the head unit but you'd have to open it up to take a look.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

Reverse Gear

Status
    Found the problem, looking though the audi manual/book/thing that came with the car, there's a fuse for the radio in the normal fuse box, just checked it and it's gone, will replace it in the morning, but it's a big relef that it's nothing serious (well, still need to replace the fuse, but i have faith that's the problem).

Will teach me to rush things to try and get them done before going out - I should have just left it until tomorrow when there was daylight.

Sorry for my panic post, I was going to delete this, but though it might be useful just incase anyone does the same thing as me :P

S55 LKS

Status
    Lol, just glad you got it sorted.....and it cost nothing..!!
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E