Replacing BOSE sub in an S3

Garrity

Reaction score
Website
www.flic.me.uk
Good afternoon all,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I did a few searches that didn't come up with much. Basically I’m looking at replacing the Bose sub in my S3 with the previous sub and amp I had in my old 205 (mainly because I just spent over the odds for a new sub in Halfords one saturady when I had a hangover, and I’d like to get usage out of my money :p ). I've read that there's a connector that fits into the sub and amp (if I’ve understood previous threads the amp and sub are one unit), I believe this is an image of it - http://www.flic.me.uk/bosepinouts.jpg

Couple of things – what’s the right and left screen? Is there an adaptor for this (as I don’t fancy chopping wires just in case I need to return the car to standard) and finally, where is this plug? Am I going to have to take all the trimming apart or can you get to it from the little hole (you know the one i mean)?

I’ve got an older JBL amp (planning on replacing it at some point) running two 10” boxed FLI subs, assuming I should have any problems.

Thanks for any help you can give

Chris

out is the positive and screen is the negative terminal for the channel.

Cant remember where the connector is on the sub so not sure if you can access it from the cubby hole, I think you have to take the trim off to get to it, would definitely make it easier anyways. Rear passenger trim & rear boot pas trim need to come out in that case.

You unplug that connector from the existing sub, you then have to make up your own adaptor to fit into the sockets so not wire chopping needed, just an old phono lead set to hack up and some power wire, uses a couple of dif size spade connectors.

Brilliant - thanks for the help. I know what i'll be doing this weekend now :D