Nokia phone cradle – S3

Syzygy

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good phone cradle mount for a 2003 S3 with a Symphony II? I was looking at the mounts on Dashmount (http://www.dashmount.co.uk/audi.htm) but it says “not S3 with Symphony”. I’m after something reasonably neat looking that won’t damage the dash and will take a standard Nokia 6233 cradle.

What you wanna use is the nokia universal cradle & the damage free bracket which slids in down the side of your stereo or air con unit (then bolted in). I have a Nokia car bluetooth kit which works the same. search car communications they sell all the bits your ll need.

Cheers, I had a look and they seem to sell Dashmount brackets so I guess if you have one in your S3 with a Symphony II they must be ok. I already have the Nokia bluetooth kit installed so just need somewhere to mount a cradle.

Does it get in the way of anything? I've got a Nokia 6233 which unfortunately requires a brick sized cradle.

I have one of these for sale somewhere I think (The dashmount bracket) I had it fitted in my S3 until I got a bluetooth kit

I'll post it to you for £12 if you want it. (and I can find it!)

Thanks Matt but I've already ordered one from Dashmount. I emailed them and they told me the note on their site about it not fitting the S3 is due to the extra sound proofing and I might need to shave some of the platic inner trim for a snug fit.

You have two option at what height you can mount it:

1. the bolt thats holds the DIN.

2. the bolt that holds the air unit in.

Option 2 is best as your cup holder wont extend fully, your ll also have to play around with your bracket so the glove box doesnt hit it when opening. Otherwise the only restriction i have some tape buttons (no big deal) & the passenger heated seat which also doesnt bother me.

You do realise you can connect a cable to your cradle so it charges the phone.

Matt

That’s very useful info cheers. Getting in the way of the heated seat switch puts me off a bit and I’ve got a nasty feeling the 6233 cradle will get in the way more than the other cradles.

I had a cradle in my last car but thought I'd see how it went with just bluetooth so I didn't have to mess up the look of the dash in my S3, I miss the charging and phone being easy to see when driving though. I’ll just have to try it I guess.

well i had a 6230 cradle previously which wasnt a problem then i got an N73. After attemping to source a N73 cradle i found out nokia dont make them so i though improvisation is needed. It just so happened that a phone exsisted which was the exact same dimesnsions as the N73 & has its own cradle. Ordered one & it worked. The cradle is pretty big but to be honest i would rather i can charge my phone, get the better connection through the data lead (opposed to BT) & of course my phone stays in the cradle from A - B.

You shouldnt have any problems as long a you follow my previous post.