Glovebox CD changer

Sinny71

S55 LKS
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there can help with a few questions I have about fitting a glovebox CD changer to my 04 A4 Avant.

I picked up the CD changer from ebay in the hope it would just slide into a compartment in glovebox. Maybe silly on my part but I picked it up a few days after buying the car. Do I need to get a bracket or another glovebox interior as there doesn't seem to be anywhere for it?? Or am I just missing something??

Aslo, the changer turned up with the wiring. I have looked at the wiring diagrams I have and while the wires are the same colour as those shown in the diagram, they are not all in the same positions in the 12 pin plug (changer end) and I'm a little wary about connecting the other ends to the 20 pin plug at the Concert II end.

Is this a known issue or do I bin the cable and buy another???

Apologies in advance if I am being overly stupid here though.

Mick

Yes, there is a CD changer glovebox, you can replace your with one. I think they are about £300 from a dealers, and sometimes can be found on ebay.

As for the wiring, if you are not confident that is correct, do not use it.

Not really the answer I was looking for lol.

Its a little difficult to swallow nigh on 300 sheets for what essentially is just a box. The changer and wiring only cost me £90 plus postage. I may have to get a little creative so if anyne has faced this before any advice would be appreciated. Or am I the only tight A4 owner out there??? :think:

On the wiring front though I have managed to suss that one. Ignored the colours and trusted the numbering in the Audi workshop diagrams. Just followed the fitted 12 pin numbering and fitted the other side of the cables to the corresponding pins in the 20 pin at the radio end.

Ok, I have fitted about 10 CD changers into Gloveboxes without the CD mounting. Remove the glovebox, mark out the back of the glovebox on the top right (left if from the back) to fit the CD changer through (metal part of the changer). Slot the changer in and fix with something, I put 4mm stickyback foam around the changer and this holds it in place and looks like the trim. APACA noise reduction from Scan I think it is.

Cheers mate thats spot on. Was gonna cut the back out but the hadn't thought of the foam.