Size of Speakers

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Firts things first, Happy New Year to you All!!!!

Right then, Can anyone tell me what size Door Speakers are in my a4 b6/8e?? Currently running a 10 Speaker Bose but now going for the Full Rewire of new speakers/tweeters, Amp, Sub and Headunit.

Its already decided on tht account but would like to know for definate what size Speakers I have in My doors without me going out there and ripping my Door trim Off!!!

I already have speaker ready to go in but got a feeling the rears are different size....

Can anyone shed any light on the situation please..

Nice one guys.....and girls.

The standard speakers are all 6.5" front and rear, Bose are slightly smaller IIRC. You'll need large spacer rings in order to mount anything as the standard speakers have a 40mm offset in order to give enough depth.
B6BoseDoorspeaker.jpg

Avantfrontwoofer.jpg

Avantdoorcard.jpg

I'd also recommend buying a handful of spare plastic fixers from dealer before you start as they're designe to break off when you remove the door card.

Andy, when you say Large Spacer rings, Is there an Actual size I need or are they all the same size??

Also someone has mentioned that the original Bose can be unscrewed from the Adapter so another custom speaker can be put in its place...Is that right???

Yes that's right, the Bose one is the top pic above and you can unscrew it from the stock spacer (so disregard what I said about the rings). The middle pic is the non Bose which cannot be removed from the spacer.
Well spotted.

You know what andy, (Im sure people have already told you this) your a star mate, I can prepair my plan of action now..

Just got to get hold of some clips now from Audi, Reckon 20 should do it!!!

Ill be gentle.

Nice one mate, Really appreciate your help!!

20 is more than enough I think there's only about 4 or 5 on each panel and some of them don't break. Audi charge 20p per clip IIRC. They're quite big things black & white in colour about the size of a £2 coin.

Make sure you fit new tweeters as well, as the Audi ones are made by Nokia (quality), even on the Bose system they still use the same non Bose tweeters and they're garbage. The wiring from the woofer to the tweeter has an inline capacitor in it to filter the high frequencies so don't use it on the new tweeters, run some new cable, either with the proper crossover, or with the filter that comes with the components.

Yes cheers, I got some matching tweeters with the inline capacitor so that solves that too. Im going to be taking Pics from start to finish as these things do come in handy.

Ill get a dozen clips then, that should do it.

Hopefully start it thurs so Ill keep everyone posted......and no doubt if I run into a prob, ill be yelling for your help Andy.

Cheers