Bose Sub and Amp

S3Steve

Reaction score
Can the standard audi sub and amp be easily replaced by the Bose Sub and amp. I ask this because i think one of the channels on my standard amp has failed and ive been offered a Bose one cheap.

It can, but not easily. Your standard sub has a trimode amp inside it feeding both the sub and rears. The amp inside the Bose sub just feeds the sub (as the rears and fronts are fed off a seperate Bose amp (not part of the sub).
So the connectors are completely different and then you've got the problem of installing another small 2 x 25w amp for the rears (which you could do without replacing the sub at all). Although adding the Bose sub will give you more bass albeit as woolly as a woolly thing.
Are you sure it's the amp and not the speaker or wiring to the speaker?

i bought a Bose sub off ebay for my S3 and tbh its rubbish! i wouldnt bother if i were you mate. Best off to try and live without it or buy an andymac stealth sub like im hoping to do very soon!
cheers
Ash

AndyMac said:
It can, but not easily. Your standard sub has a trimode amp inside it feeding both the sub and rears. The amp inside the Bose sub just feeds the sub (as the rears and fronts are fed off a seperate Bose amp (not part of the sub).
So the connectors are completely different and then you've got the problem of installing another small 2 x 25w amp for the rears (which you could do without replacing the sub at all). Although adding the Bose sub will give you more bass albeit as woolly as a woolly thing.
Are you sure it's the amp and not the speaker or wiring to the speaker?

Its definately not the speaker as i subbed in another speaker and it still had the interference.

ash_s3 said:
i bought a Bose sub off ebay for my S3 and tbh its rubbish! i wouldnt bother if i were you mate. Best off to try and live without it or buy an andymac stealth sub like im hoping to do very soon!
cheers
Ash

I was thinking about one of andymac's setups but was just looking for a cheap alternative for the time being.

Between £280-£325 depending on what you need. That includes the custom 18mm MDF enclosure, JL Audio Sub, Alpine V12 2 or 4 channel 300wrms amp, wiring and RCA loom adapter. Full instructions are supplied or I can fit it for you for an additional £60 (takes 4 hours). PM me if you need more detail.