Fader off

val

Reaction score
When I attempt to adjust the fader in my MY2000 Audi TTC, (concert stereo) I get an 'off' message on the display. Does anyone know how I turn it back on? Also, where is the subwoofer in the TTC? All I see is two sets of speakers in the front doors and two speakers on either side of the rear bench.

Thanks,

Val

Don't know if there is a sub in the TT. It is situated in the nearside rear wheel arch on the A3, below the CD changer. Never seen the off message you refer to, is it a Bose system or standard Panasonic?

You can enable the fader but in doing so it disables the Bose electronics (or at least the Bose settings). This also means that more bass can be dialed in.

All sounding good so far? Well unfortunately in reality it isn't. I've played with this on mine and it sounds dreadful. The sound becomes all bass and treble and it just seems hollow and empty. After I turned Bose back on, I realised how rounded and full the sound is (relatively speaking).

Unless you are well into ICE, then I'd stay with what you've got. If you are then I know many people who have replaced the head unit and who have said it unleashes the abilities of the Bose amp and the speakers. Of couse you lose the integration on the dash by doing this.