EM TuningBadger5

Thread: Fader off

val
    Reverse Gear

Status

Fader off

When I attempt to adjust the fader in my MY2000 Audi TTC, (concert stereo) I get an 'off' message on the display. Does anyone know how I turn it back on? Also, where is the subwoofer in the TTC? All I see is two sets of speakers in the front doors and two speakers on either side of the rear bench.

Thanks,

Val

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: Fader off

Don't know if there is a sub in the TT. It is situated in the nearside rear wheel arch on the A3, below the CD changer. Never seen the off message you refer to, is it a Bose system or standard Panasonic?

Status

Hi Val

Don't know if you saw this in the TT section.

6th Gear

Status

You can enable the fader but in doing so it disables the Bose electronics (or at least the Bose settings). This also means that more bass can be dialed in.

All sounding good so far? Well unfortunately in reality it isn't. I've played with this on mine and it sounds dreadful. The sound becomes all bass and treble and it just seems hollow and empty. After I turned Bose back on, I realised how rounded and full the sound is (relatively speaking).

Unless you are well into ICE, then I'd stay with what you've got. If you are then I know many people who have replaced the head unit and who have said it unleashes the abilities of the Bose amp and the speakers. Of couse you lose the integration on the dash by doing this.