A4 phone kit

jonmusicman

Reaction score
Has anyone out there got the Audi phone kit that is dash mounted? What can I do with mine without buying the adapter plate and just using it Bluetooth (Just waiting to see what phone to get)?

Can anyone suggest a decent phone that works 100%?
I currantly have a Sony W810i which I'm sure won`t work but I can get my hands on a Nokia 6310i which I think will?

I haven't got the multi function wheel so I'm guessing I'm quite limited even with the plate fitted?

Cheers

John

You will not get a cradle for the W810i, but it will work with the phone kit over bluetooth.

The phone that seems to be the one is the 6230i and cradle combination. Using this you can (I think) get PTT (push to Talk) functions for controlling the phone.

If your car had MFSW you would get the same features over bluetooth with any bluetooth phone that is supported by the Audi phone kit.

If you car has the DVD nav system, then again, the phone would integrate with the nav system and the phone book etc would transfer to the nav system. Allowing for some control of the phone book over bluetooth from the nav system. This is what Anito was explaining to you in an earlier post, but I don't think you have a DVD nav system.

Hope that helps....

Craig

I haven't got nav but would love to get it fitted one day when funds are better.

I can get the phone to work if I make the phone call but I cannot find out how to receive the call because when I press accept on the phone it tansfers the call to the phones speaker. I'm confused! I think I need the phone adapter.

Thanks for your reply