Arial connection

gburgess

Reaction score
Ok, thanks to all your help, my install is nearly complete.
One thing remaining and that’s to connect the arial to my Alpine CDA9812.
I have been told I need some sort of adapter, which requires a 12V feed.
Any pointers here?, which colour wire on the audi loom currently powers the arial, or is it not powered.
I am a wee bit confused, why is nothing on an Audi simple?
Oh well keeps me busy and curious.

I found this problem as well, but strangely I couldn't get any adapter for it. The normal Bee Sting ariel receiption was poor and the extra ariel in the rear windscreen had a funny connector.

So, I just took both ariel feeds and connected them together, keeping the insulating braiding separate. Worked quite well, but a pain to connect up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On my non Bose S3 I used the autoleads adaptor PC5-52 (link below I hope)

http://www.autoleads.co.uk/product/more_info.asp?kit=false&id=3183

You can get these from all the online outlets and I think Halfords do the autoleads stuff too.

This adaptor uses power from the antenna power lead (designed for powered telescopic aerials) from the head unit. I also have a 9812 fitted so can confirm that it does work.

The Chorus unit fitted in the non-Bose setup uses only one antenna (unlike Symphony unit), and the Chorus unit outputs the antenna power through the central cable in its antenna input. I've no idea what you would do with the cable to the diversity antenna in the rear screen other than simply not connect it.

It was the standard Bee Sting and Diversity ariel connections I put together.

A bit messy, but it does work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ive just installed that adaptor to my Alpine 9815RB, it improves signal a little but not perfect.... still get the whining on MW and FM is still a little hazy - still better than not having it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) only costs £12 so not too much damage on the pocket!