Ipod playback via Pioneer HU

cha1n

Reaction score
Hello there, i've bought my girlfriend a Ipod nano for christmas and also want to be able to interface the music between the ipod and her
Pioneer DEH-1600R Head Unit.

I've found this device on CAD http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pio...2.html?cadid=f793eeaeffd53ca89f739ee4b9d78448

And i'm just wondering how to find out if the HU has an "IP-Bus" connection. I don't think she has the manual for her HU and i've no idea what a IP-BUS connection looks like. Thanks for any help,

Ok update, i've been looking some more and i've got a feeling that the IP-BUS connector is the connect on the headunit used for cd changer control, is that correct? i've also found some pictures of the connector and am going to remove her HU to see if it looks the same.

the ipod conector will 100% go into the cd changed slot at the the back of the head unit, ive got pioneer hu, but use a normal cable which doesnt change tracks

Thanks for that, just checked on her HU though and there's no cd changer connector.. damn. I guess it'll have to be old fashioned aux-in. Cheers anyway.

If i'm now having to go with aux-in, can i simply use a RCA to 3.5mm Aux-In Link, or does there need to be something in-between? Thanks