JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: New Concert III

1st Gear

Status

New Concert III

Hi there, I have just ordered a new A3, and supposedly iit will be getting the new Concert III stereo. I have heard this is basically the same as the VW RCD300 (which I have in my Golf), so a couple of questions, will it still have the same Bass filter on it? (which means you can't get decent bass out of the thing), and will it come with Pre-outs (as the RCD300 does not).

I currently have a phatnoise, and so want to take it with me to the Audi, which apparently is not a problem.

If it is an RCD300, expect 4*20w output
    Last edited by giblets46; 26th November 2006 at 14:01.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I thought the Concert III was just a Concert II with mp3/CD support. All Audi HU's have a 2 x 20w internal amp and front/rear pre-outs. They haven't changed this puny format for over 10 years, doubt they'd do it now.

Reverse Gear

Status

concert III

Hi I have the concert III head unit in my new A4 avant. It plays MP3 discs and has bass middle and treble controls. ALso has gala which can be switched to "auto" for the audiopilot compensation if fitted with bose which mine is. It has song title recognition and displays on the DIS.

Does anyone know if you can access some more detailed menus for the bose system like the old A6 symphony's? I'd like to tweak the eq a bit more on the system but can find any other options?

Can the dealer do this via VAG-COM?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamskiuk
    It has song title recognition and displays on the DIS.
    I have ordered DIS for my A3 so will be impressed if it displays the info (the RCD300 does not) anyone know if it will display the names from a Phatnoise system?
    A colleague of mine has an excellent system on their Volvo which displays extra info from Radio stations, such as song title or the song title (known as Radio text) is this included?
    Last edited by giblets46; 3rd January 2007 at 12:03.
    Any spelling/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy!

A4 2.0TDI (143) S-Line Quartz Grey

6th Gear

Status
    It still uses the CD changer interface and that does not support track information.