Lights Flashing

ak_quattro454

Reaction score
hi there, I really need some help, this problem haaas made it annoying for me to drive at night. I cant decide on what to do? :think:

ive got an alpine 9833 HU (60X4) and im using a kenwood mono subwoofer amp 900 watss rms (9152D) and with that amp ive connected a Kicker L7 sub. giving out about 750watts rms. My boost level is still on half, my subwoofer control on the HU is still around 8 (goes up to 15). If i put the volume up to 20( can go up to 35) on HU. All the lights inside the car, include dashboard, centre console and the headlights outside flicker like anything. There almost flashing !!

I just wanted to know if the halfords heavy duty calcium battery would solve this problem. I dont have money at the moment to spend on a powercap, heard there not that gd anyway. sum1 has recommended me yellow top battery?
are there any good???

any suggestions will be much appreciated :thumbsup:

:blackrs4:

If you're powering the amp with a dedicated cable direct to the battery then it's new battery time or possibly alternator. Does it still do it at high revs?
That's not ludicrous power so Bosch silver top should be more than enough.
If you've picked up the power from the heavy duty terminals under the steering column then this will be the cause as the wiring is not rated to carry that sort of power. Run the cable straight to the battery.

ive done the cable straight from the battery,
The lights dont flicker as much on high revs.
i notice it when im stuck in traffic at night, if the music is put to volume 20.

Hows the sub connected? is it a 4ohm or 2 ohm unit. At 2 ohm that amp will be pushing out 900wrms, but only 500wrms with a 4 ohm sub.
I don't get any flickering on my setup even at idle (Alpine HU, 2 x V12 amps, 300wrms to sub a 4 x 50wrms to speakers). I can have this on 30 at the HU (before it starts to hurt).
Either way you shouldn't get any flickering at high revs as the alternator should be able to cope with any deficiencies in the battery.
If it is a 2 ohm sub then 900wrms is slightly overkill when you only have the internal HU amp driving everything else.

You do realise that's total overkill unless you're entering soundoff comps.