amp turn on...

DoctorD15

Reaction score
Installing a sony CDX-GT 510 into my 87 audi quattro 5000cs turbo. I'm getting sound from my rear speakers, but its very low because i cant get my amp to turn on. I cant find the wire from the stock wiring to connect to the amp turn on. It should be a white wire but there isn't one there. In the trunk coming out of my amp is a white wire and I tried connecting speaker wire from that and running it directly to the stereo but it still did not work. I dont know if i made the wrong connection or what. Im baffled and have no clue what to do or check for.....any help?

If you still have the original HU it should have the wiring diagram on the top of it. You're looking for the symbol for a little switch, which will be on the same connector as the RR & LF pre-outs. This is the remote on wire for the rear amp. You'd be far better off rewiring the rear speakers directly to the new HU, as even if the rear amp was working it would still be dwarfed by the power of the front speakers running off the Sony, which I assume is at least 45w per channel. Audi amps are 20w per channel.