anyone recommend good door speakers?

shufti

Reaction score
hi

i'm looking to upgrade the bose front and rear door speaker components in my 1999 A6 avant.

i want an upgrade to the bose which i believe to be 6.5" but don't want to spend silly money. can anyone recommend something that may suit?

thanks

Ive got polk audio 6.5" in the back and they are awesome, amazing sound quality and no distortion.

I thought the bose system was really good anyway?

well they are but the speakers are 2 ohms and i need 4 ohms as i've upgraded the head unit

oh ok polks are 4ohms 180watts peak 60 watts rms 92db and highly recomended

Rainbow are good. Their 6.5" components fit straight in the A6 to, both the mid driver and the tweeter. The holes match up a treat.
They are very smooth sounding but with loads of detal and very easy to drive.

I went with the SLC265's and can't rate them highly enough.

re 2 ohms

is the bose system not powered by an external amplifier which you will power through your alternative headunit ?

If so you will be able to run 2 ohm speakers, if not you are wuite right you need to change.

Trouble is that headunits are not powerful enough to power good speakers, their rated output, usually 50w, iirc is less than 20 watts rms (the way real amps are tested) and you will struggle to find a 6.5 inch component set where you are happy with the sound powered merely from the headunit. The focal access range are pretty good but you will need to check with your local dealer as to whether it is safe to run them from the HU

i have read that hooking the bose amp to my new head unit will cause likely problems - popping etc.......

i wish it was just a simple rca plug in!

i found myself some used clif audio 6.5" components, just received them and the build quality is second to none.

with an original £300 RRP they should sound pretty good.......

ive got the same problem m8.
ive put an aftermarket HU, replacing the bose one. And only then do u realise how crap the speakers are. Im thinking about getting new speakers. the 6.5" size:- is it for the front door or rear speakers?

ive got an 3dr a3, i assume the speakers would same in 5dr versions?

ive got about £100 to spend on front door speakers. any recommendations ???

i think the A3 has 5.25" midrange speakers? this is what my A4 had not 6.5" like my A6......

you should check this out before buying anything.
if you find out that it is 5.25" and you want to save some money i have some directed s550 5.25" comps for sale for just £40 + postage. sounded brilliant in my A4 but to small for my A6. check them out on the web. cost me £130 new!