No sound from my A3s stereo. Have I blown my amp?

sevosa

Reaction score
Probably should have posted this here in the first place...

Turned the ignition on the other day and turned the radio on - I got sound through for around 2 seconds then it immediately faded out to no sound at all. Same thing happens when I play a CD but I have to turn the ignition off and back on again to replicate the problem.

I've checked the fuses for both the radio and amplifier (they hadn't blown) and even replaced them but no change

Anyone had any similar experiences or know what it could be?

AndyMac said:
Do you have Bose upgrade?
Does the HU die or does it behave normally

No it's the Audi Concert. HU?

They're all Audi Concerts whether you have Bose or not.
If you look at the Sub in the rear right cubbyhole does it say Bose on it?
It's important as if all speakers are dead then with Bose they are all driven off one amp in the boot. With non Bose the fronts are driven off the HU's internal amp so it can't be the amp as this only drives the sub & rears.

It's definitely not the BOSE system. I've read elsewhere that there is a known issue with the Audi Concert's volume control - anyone heard anything about this?

It's not that. The volume control issue was too much sound not no sound as it would suddenly decide to give you full power for no reason. It's definately an issue with the HU not the rear amp, take it to the dealer as presumably your 53 plate is still be under warranty unless it's a very early one.

Yeah it was one of the first - warranty ran out last month. Oh well - guess I'll have to take it in :(

Thanks for your help. Will let you know how I get on.