How much work to fit audi Navigation? Check pic.

macattax

Reaction score
Hi,
My Car is an audi A4 1.8T 1999. It has a concert radio installed on it with tape deck also 6 cd changer in boot.
What I would like to know is exactly how much work would have to be done and what parts would be needed. Would I need to change the whole dash or not. And would it be really expensive to do this?
Any help appreciated.

The Front dash looks like this

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/63/dashha6.jpg

You will need a new radio cage, climate control, interface adaptor with CAN simulator, RNS-E (not worth the hassle IMO fitting a CD based version), Map disk, GPS aerial, Fakra adaptor and probably a new ash tray.

It depends on your experience but it took me about a day to fit mign. As for cost it depends on what you do with the climate control. I could trim mign down to fit.

It cost me about £700 to do mign, which my girlfriend said was a waste of money until she borrowed the car yesterday and used the navi. I don't want the hassle of removing a portable device all the time. Remeber thieves look for the suction marks on the front screen.

Thanks for all the tips Steve.
It sounds like a lot of work and a lot of replacement parts eg. the radio cage etc.
As cool as it would look and not mention useful I dont think I could manage to do all that work myself.
I only just got the car a week now and already want to mod it lol.

As far as I can tell all I need are these items.

* 1x Double DIN 8E0 858 005 F
* 1x RNS-E Adapter
* 1x FAKRA Radioadapter
* 1x FAKRA GPS Antenne
I am not sure if this is the right double din code for a 1999 a4 though?