Sat-Nav systems - recommendations?

ManicMunky

Reaction score
Parents have offered to buy me a sat-nav system for xmas.

Any recommendations? Preferably big screen, with full postcode search

Ta :)

hmm... I'm taken by the HDD and speed camera stuff of the 910, and I've used the TomTom software before.

the portable TomTom's reliable then?

I run a 910, it's great-Never had any problems with any of the 3 Tom Tom products I owned, Here is a good forum for Nav software:
www.yournav.com

Back to my 910, the Hard drive is good on it by putting your own pics on it, all the maps are on it. You can also put your MP3's playing through it but if we all drive Audi's i'm sure the car Hi-Fi is 100 times better!

The only grumble with my Tom Tom is the blue tooth, not all the functions are supported with Nokia N70, or my new N73 that I have now.

Hoping there will be a software release soon for this!

Si

Ive never understood why you would want mp3s and pics on a sat nav. But apparently eventually you'll be able to upload a pic of a land mark an then get directions to it.

It's nice to have pics of the family etc on the Slideshow, but I agree with the MP3's, total waste of time as you will have your in Car music system!

I've only got a basic single CD player in the Lupo, so I would make use of the MP3 player (and I have no need for a portable MP3 player on its own)