retro sat nav fitment to single din

worpspeed

a41.9tdi/zenons/s line kit/rs4 rims/eibach springs
Reaction score
hi there everyone

i have just purchased a audi a4 tdi avant se and i want to upgrade to satnav i have a single indash cd player at the moment .
i know i need to get the satnav unit and the double din cadge but what else do i need do i need a different climate control unit as i have been told that it needs to be modifed can someone please help .
cheers
scott

sorry forgot to say it's a 2002 02 model

Yes it can be done if you have the time and patience. I am sure it will be similar to the A3 chasis so you will need to trim the climate down. Remember to check the connections of the plug and play wiring adaptor as they may be wrong.

Plenty of info here.

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=462

First of all get a double Din cage, double din ashtray and ashtray cover that match your cars interior trim. This will cost around £150 max from a dealer.

Remove the radio, heater controls, arm rest, gear box cover, ash tray & trim and all the screws that hold the center console in place. Remove the center console, trim or replace with a new center console for double din, about £60.

Refit console, trim heater controls down to fit narrower gap and refit. Put in new double din ashtray and cover.

Refit rest of parts, finally install your RNS-E with a GPS antenna and recode for your car.

Blaupunkt do a range of single-DIN SatNav headunits. If there's one you fancy, PM me, I can get them cheap :)