Suggestions for Symphony 2 replacement

rowansbank

Reaction score
We recently bought a 2005 A3 Sport fitted with the Symphony 2 (but without Bose). I have had a Blaupunkt Woodstock 52 DAB in my other motor and, although it's not perfect (crap display, wobbly front panel and reluctant with the MMC card) the DAB is great. So I'd like to replace the Symphony with a DAB unit (preferably the Woodstock 54) but as there are no double DIN DAB HUs, I would be grateful for suggestions as to what to "fill the gap" with. I was thinking about an in-dash single DIN sat nav but can't see much point in a CD player with the Woodstock's ability to play mp3 on CDs.
Any thoughts much appreciated.

Rowansbank

Thanks for that but unfortunately Car Audio Discount list the Alpine DAB tuner as discontinued and a search of the Alpine website on 'DAB' gets zero results. The Becker Mexico looks great but doesn't seem to have DAB.
I was thinking of an in-dash single-DIN sat nav and the Blaulunkt TravelPilot would fit with the Woodstock styling - does anyone have any views on that please?

Makes for quite an expensive solution.
£350 just for the DAB tuner? I got my DAB54 HU & aerial for less than that all in. Can't understand why the tuner would be more expensive than the HU.

Thanks, Andy. I quite agree but the attraction is that it solves the double DIN problem and preserves a uniform style. The other alternative would be the Woodstock 54 plus the Blaupunkt indash sat nav - TravelPilot Rome, I think it is. Anybody any views on that please?