S3 sub size?

pablo

Reaction score
Hi all can anyone tell me what size the subwoofer speaker is in a non bose S3?

Looking to beef mine up a little :)

cheers.

It's 6.5".
the problem is not really the sub, but more to do with the feeble plastic housing it sits in and the tiny 50w amp driving it.
You really need to drive it with a proper amp and replace the tupperware with one of my MDF enclosures. I use JL Audio 6.5" subs which are pretty amazing for their size.

had planned to reinforce it in fibreglass and coat the outside with sound deadening or to make a small mdf box if I can be annoyed.

will be running off a new amp the OE one is superkeek.

thanks for the reply :)

Tried the sound deadening, inside & out. It actually made it sound worse, but that was on an OE Bose sub, which uses the same enclosure but at least has a 100w amp & two 4" drivers. Had it wired up in the workshop and the whole enclosure would vibrate quite quickly along the bench at full tilt.
The amp really needs to be 4ch as the non bose sub amp also drives the rear speakers. You can pick up the pre-outs and remote on from the OE sub loom, let me know if you need the pin outs and/or instructions on how to remove the unit.

Hi Andy,
I've removed my concert Headunit in preparation for an upgrade in my A3, It has the Non bose sub and amplified rear speakers, could you possibly post the pre-out/remote on pin outs as i plan to do something similar to Pablo.

Apologies for the thread hijack!! on my first post

Steve

Hi - Having read through the archives, I've decided to run new feeds to the Rear Speakers.

Thanks Steve

Here you go:
A3subloompinouts.jpg

Thanks Andy - Thats a great help, in fact most of my questions, you've answered whilst searching though old posts!

Cheers Steve