A4 B6 New Head Unit Choice - Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54

barker196

Reaction score
Groan!

I'm on verge of buying a new head unit for my A4 B6. At present i have the Concert II. Now after lots of thought and scouring this site i have almost decided on the Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54. It was either this or the Panasonic CQ-C7703N. I have around £250 to spend.

Has anyone got an opinion on these 2 stereo's and better still, a photo? I know Andymac has the DAB54 so any pics would be great. The other thing is the DAB ariel for the DAB54. I know people tend to stick them on the front windscreen but does this look ok? Is it tacky? And is it easy to wire or is there....shock horror...hole drilling required?

Cheers guys :icon_thumright:

No hole drilling just run the cable up the pillar and underneath the headlining. Mounted on the passenger side you can hardly see it, just a pain to remove if your windscreen needs replacing.
DABfront.jpg

Hiya - first post so be patient - lol

Andy, (or if anyone else can help) I have a 2000 x a4 fitted with the concert 1 model, can i sub for this blaupunkt woodstock 54 dab, without changing any of the wiring initially and only do so when I can afford to ?

Also will i still get full use of my speakers from it - albeit I appreciate that you state that the oem stuff is crap - and i tend to agree now.

Anyway - you are obviously a very knowledgable guy and I cant believe how few people have clicked thanks on these forums.

but thanks in advance for this.

P.s I will also purchase the ipod kit for it at the same time.

Yes it's a straight swap wiring wise though the rears will be less loud compared to the fronts. You'll need a fascia kit (I got mine from caraudiodirect) and an FM antenna amp (as the unit switches to FM in poor DAB areas). The only other mod is swapping the perm live with the ignition on live as Audi wire them back to front.

So Andy,

Do you have the ipod kit with it - if so how easy is it to use with it ?

Also I am very new to all this, how much will a fm antennae amp cost me and where do you recommend the best place to get one ?, i had a quick look on ebay buy cant see anything that I think may be suitable.

Finally, realistically, if i'm looking for a half decent set up, how much do you reckon it would cost for the speakers amp and sub etc for my car ? I do need the space in my boot though, not enough as it is lol. The problrm id that Ive just bought the ipod you see (80gb vid) , and the wife is letting me get the stereo !, so funds are a tiny bit tight just now.

Also is there any guides about as to how to fit it all and possibly the best order in which to do it. Ive fitted a few hu's in the past but never delved into the world of amp's and subwoofers.

Thanks again.

Ali