Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Concert to Concert 2

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, as I can't seem to find what I need in the "search"....

Got a B5 S4 Avant with a Concert 1 stereo (BOSE). Is it possible to direct swap to a Concert 2?

The stereo keeps cutting out and I'm looking at all options (including 3rd party ICE with adapter to the BOSE)

Dan
    Audi B5 S4 Avant, Bose, armrest (how did I live without this before) "new car" magic tree

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Yes should be straight swap. Make sure the new HU is from a B5 A4/S4 though, as the fascia is ever so slightly different between A4/A3/TT etc
    The problem may not necessarily be with the HU, could be wiring or Bose amp

Reverse Gear

Status
    yeh, first thing is to get some Audi keys to get the stereo out. Check the connections, then take it from there really

Dan
    Audi B5 S4 Avant, Bose, armrest (how did I live without this before) "new car" magic tree

Status
    How does it cut out? Soundwise or HU turning off?
    Remember to be very gentle with the keys when releasing the HU as it's easy to bust the metal clips then the thing is stuck in there and you'll need to remove the whole of the front of the HU off to get at them.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arS4
    Hi guys,

Just a quick question, as I can't seem to find what I need in the "search"....

Got a B5 S4 Avant with a Concert 1 stereo (BOSE). Is it possible to direct swap to a Concert 2?

The stereo keeps cutting out and I'm looking at all options (including 3rd party ICE with adapter to the BOSE)

Dan
    I looked into this a while back. You can fit a concert 2, but I believe it must be from an A6 or TT. (B6 A4 wont fit). (There are also issues around the lights not working on non-canbus cars as well as a power down after 1 hour problem. There is a tech article on Audiworld with a work around for this).

Having listened to both I wouldn't say there is a huge difference between the concert 1 & 2. Personally I would stick with concert 1 for the potential hassle involved. If you want to spend some money on an upgrade the consensus seems to be to add a sub (although I have not tried it myself)