AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

My Nokia bluetooth and TomTom One install in S3

So.. first weekend with the new car.. what better way to get to know it that to take the dash apart

Sat nav.... nice and simple.. just wanted to be able to power it without having to stretch a wire across from the cig lighter each time. Took drivers side dash tray off and found a live. Butchered the tomtom supplied charger and wired it in.. wire pops up neatly in drivers corner. Because i didnt want it to always be on though i ftted some tidy swithces in the cubby so i can switch it on and off.

WARNING!!! if your going to do this.. dont make the mistake i did and blow up you tomtom! There is a 12v - 5v adapter in the supplied lead with the tomtom one. dont connect straight to 12v without wiring this circuit board into your new lead!!! luckily i was covered by currys whatever happens accidental damage policy so an hour later i had a working unit once again WHOOPS!

Bluetooth... i found out that apraently a bose equipped concert HU doesnt support phone input! although you can still get it to mute when a call comes in. never mind... i installed the speaker in the cubby by the drivers door. button by the cruise stalk and mic by the drivers grab handle (but not in the way of it !)

Again... wired it into a live and put my own switch in so i can turn it on and off when i want to. I find this to be much better than ign live as then its ALWAYS connected so if you have a car full of people and get a call from your mum saying tea is ready... it can be a bit embarassing! with the switch i can choose to have it off if i wish.

Pics.

cubby where its all going on

right switch is for bluetooth... left is for satnav

out of my line of sight when driving but easy to find when a call comes in

i may ditch the screen mount if i find a decent dash one that is neat and tidy

cheers

Nathan
    Last edited by jediknight; 8th August 2006 at 13:50.

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    I take it you've fused those live feeds?

Looks good to me, isn't it just easier to read a map and talk on the phone whilst holding it though?

4th Gear

Status
    yes the main live feed is fused and then each individual switch is fused and also the power adapter for the sat nav is individually fused. all soldered and heat shrinked and then taped :D

i dont know how i messed up with the 12 v/ 5v thing... just wasnt concentrating on that bit

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks like a neat job, good work!!

1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

Big Ron

Status
    mp3 next?

Status
    Nice install.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)