Ignition live- bluetooth

M4KTT

Reaction score
Anyone give me any hinters into the best location to pick an ignition live up from. the ck-7w kit i've just fitted stays permanently on as the ignition live wire isnt needed. so I've cut the perm live wire and want to pick up an ig live( 2a load max). so my bluetooth isnt on permanently.
my phone stays hooked up no matter where i am in the house otherwise!

ive fitted the unit behind the glovebox, not stripped the drivers side but havent seen anything that i could tap into.

help fellas!

you can either pick it up off the fusebox, the fuse for "Radio S-Kont" will give you live until the keys are pulled out, or you can pick the same connection off the back of the HU, but your's being an 02 model may not be wired for this, and getting the HU out can be a hassle, but ultimately easier to wire up.

or do what i did and install your own switch hidden under the dash.. then.. if you dont want the bluetooth on (car full of people for instance) then you dont have to switch it on.

After reading this post half an hour ago, I thought it was about time I put a switched live to my sony headunit, to save me leaving it on all the while. Cigarette lighter is perm live in mine, so I had a look elsewhere.

Nearest switched live to HU is the hazard light switch. Spliced in on that and the jobs a goodun!

Half expected interferance when indicating etc. but thats not the case, works well, minimum effort!

Well if your hazards only work with the ignition on then there's something wrong with the car!

Thats not what I said! The hazard switch is illuminated when the ignition is on and the indicators are also run through the switch, hence the switched live feed!
Of course the hazards work when the ignition is off!!!!

filipharvey said:
Nearest switched live to HU is the hazard light switch. Spliced in on that and the jobs a goodun!

I'm planning to install a CK-7W this weekend into my S3. Is it really ok to take the switched live from the hazard switch? Does it not draw too much power from the interior lighting circuit?

Well I've had no problems. It seems a pretty hefty feed and it has had no adverse effects on any other electrical items in the car.