RNSE, BT and SE K800i

simonwjones

Reaction score
Just received my K800i last week and it was able to sync with my RNSE straight away. all functions are available on the BT including both SIm and Phone contacts.

What I have noticed is that the BT pairing will keep dropping and reconnecting if not on a call. No issues when the phone is in use.

THE BT module is the latest version and the RNSE the latest firmware and disk. There are NO updates of firmware avaiulable for the K800i yet.

I know the problem is the phone as it works perfectly with my old Nokia 62310i and my sons K750i.

Problem is I like the phone and dont want to swap.

Done a bit of research and found that there was similar issues with Treo 650's if speed dials were used. Ive deleted mine and thought it had cured it, but apparently not. All the Audi hardware is spot on as it was fitted by Craigyb and ive eliminated that by testing with my old phone.

Interested if anyone has had a similar problem with this phone or if anyone can offer any suggestions to try

Cheers

Simon

cheers for that, still waiting for the cradle and car charger to arrive from SE

will give it a shot then and report back

thanks

Simon

Thanks for the suggestions

Craig power mode is already off for the bluetooth. Ive had my car charger arrive today but its made no difference

beginning to thinlk I may have to wait for a firmware update. sent the info off to SE but not expecting much of a response

Simon

spoke to both SE and Orange today, waste of space. Ive posted this question of Mobilereview.com's forum and a user there called bah434x reconns that he has the same setup and all works OK

Anyone else have any ideas, even if its go back to my Nokia!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

Simon

Finally fixed it

the problem is when syncing contacts with outlook

If the numbers are under Business, Home or Mobile it all works fine

If any number are under the category "OTHER" thats where it screws up

taken me days of trying but well worth it.

It never dropped once whilst uploading the phone book

the last test now is when I take the car out, but Im confident

cheers

Simon