A3 / S3 door speaker adapters ?

darko

Reaction score
how easy is it to make these yourself from MDF or similar ? failing that where can you get some decent quality ones ?

autoleads make them out of abs plastic any good audio shop can get them for around £12 or ha#£ords can but you will pay more.

It's fairly easy out of MDF though you need both 6mm and 9mm thicknesses if you are mounting 5.25" components (or a router).
MDF also does eat into the mounting depth compared to plastic ones. But I don't know anyone who makes good plastic ones that fit properly (certainly not Autoleads).
I've got some templates if you want to make your own.
PM me with your email address.
Cheers, Andy

pm sent, btw - why do you need to use a different thickness ? i have the focal 130V slim so im hoping clearance should not be a problem... i have a long drive on saturday to france so need to get some music before then !

Template PDF sent over.
9mm to clear the door card mounting posts, then 6 or 9mm to fit the new speakers. 6mm just gives you a few precious mm's on the depth which overall is about 60mm including the adapter, but depends on the speaker you are fitting as some (like the Infinity kappa's) stick out a mile beyond the speaker cage, so you'd have to use 9mm to get clearance.