RNS -E Problem

Leetaylor

Reaction score
Hi

Now then, is it me being stupid, or is the sorting of tracks a complete nightmare on the SD card to enable playback on the unit.

I hava a SD card (1G) of which i want to put quite a few albums, so when i copy and paste the tracks onto the card on my PC they are fine, all in order with the full compiment of tracks.

However, when i put the card in the reader slot in my car everthing changes!!
The unit takes it upon itself to re-arrange everthing into alphabetical order, or if the tracks are numbered, i.e 1-20 per albumn, all the 1's go together then the 2's etc etc!!
Also the songs are all in Mp3 format, and show up on the PC reader, but the RNS cannot read all tracks, there are approx 5-10 missing per albumn.

Is anyone else experiencing stuff like this, and is there a software programme to sort this, otherwise i think i'll have to purchase a CD changer!!

Cheers

Lee

firstly use separate folders for each album using a descriptive short name

secondly make sure all mp3 files use cbr - constant bit rate - it will not show or play variable bit rate encoded files

check the mp3 file tags are present using the same format - i usually use id3-v1 and id3-v2 together

finally rename the files with a leading zero and the track number at the start of the name - eg '01 track name 1' then '02 track name 2' etc

only put a max of about 450-480 tracks on an sd card - there is a limit of 512 files and folders in total.

use cdex freeware to do any ripping and winamp to do any name / tag conversion