changing the stereo

bigblokey0

Reaction score
ive got an alpine dvd head unit im trying to connect up however when i remove the standard stereo and fit the new one it leaves spaces either side so do i need a facia or something?

also do i need to buy some sort of connectors so it plugs straight in ?

also where can i wire the battery leads thru the main bulkhead is there a gromit around near the battery?

thanks in advance

Yes you need a fascia surround, RCA or speaker input lead connector (either Bose or non Bose depending on your OEM setup), antenna amp and you'll also need to modify the ISO power plug if it has a switched live as this needs to be swapped with perm live. If there is no switched live then either wire one in from the fusebox or connect it to the perm live and remember to turn it off when leaving the car.
All the bits are available from caraudiodirect.co.uk or your local ICE shop.
Unless you also installing amps you don't need a seperate power line to the battery. If it is just to power the DVD unit then you can use the existing wiring up to 5amp draw, or wire it to the fusebox.

i am installing an amp as well so i need a battery feed but do i not need to wire the stereo to the battery anywayz as my other alpine had to be

Not unless it's drawing 30 amps or more, plenty of options behind the fusebox.
Not sure how you get through the bulkhead on an A6.
The easiest way on an A4 is through the ECU box, straight into the footwell.
A3 is underneath the splash guard under the wipers near the passenger wing/pollen filter.