nokia ck-7w to concert HU

beerglass

Reaction score
Does anyone have the pin outs on the back for the concert HU?

I have my old bluetooth nokia CK-7W headunit and wanted to fit it this weekend.

I need the left and right speaker inputs and tele mute. Also can you get a connection block or lead from somewhere to connect the two devices up.

I have asked autoleads and halfords which to be honest was a waste of time and effect.

Many thanks

Ian

These are all marked on the lid of the concert. There is a 10 pin connector vertical mounted that has the phone mute and tel+/tel- leads for connecting the phone kit to. Connect the speaker of the telephone kit to the tel pins and the mute wire to the mute of the phone kit.

Should work a treat.

s8craig said:
These are all marked on the lid of the concert. There is a 10 pin connector vertical mounted that has the phone mute and tel+/tel- leads for connecting the phone kit to. Connect the speaker of the telephone kit to the tel pins and the mute wire to the mute of the phone kit.

Should work a treat.

What pins would the speaker input be connected to please?

The LINE. pins?

I got the telephone mute, thats MUTE i take it? But the speaker input would be ?

s8craig said:
Tel+ & tel- on that 10 pin connector are where your speaker plugs in.

Craig

So from the top left going right & down it would be pins 3 & 4.
On the diagram saying TEL + on pin 3 and LINE on pin 4 ?

What its actually saying is TEL LINE + & - (not Tel+ and Tel-) but its the same thing. So your speaker connects to the + and - terminals.

s8craig said:
What its actually saying is TEL LINE + & - (not Tel+ and Tel-) but its the same thing. So your speaker connects to the + and - terminals.

Got it

So got there in the end..

Many thanks mate...

:cool:

Thanks Craig
I installed it this morning and all great

Only thing is I noticed you cant turn the volume down/up on the HU when using the phone.

Is this correct?

I'm planning to use the "Antenna" feed output from the radio to provide power to my phone kit - that way, the bluetooth phone kit will work all the time the radio is on, whether the ignition is on or not - so I can finish a conversation when I stop the car (as the radio stays on until you remove the key) or so that I can use it handsfree when parked with the radio on.

Has anyone else done it this way?

In my Alfa, I just wired the supply into the ignition feed, but that turned the call off whenever I switched off the engine. I had to sit there with the engine running to finish a call.....

Yeah thats sort of how I done mine.
I dont need to keep the engine on to keep talking

Hmmm. Took the Concert 2 hu out today in my 2004 A3, but the connection shown as "antenna" on other diagrams was missing on my unit (just a gap where the tab should have been) and on the wiring diagram that connection wasn't labelled at all. (and if I stuck a tester in that hole in the wiring plug at the back of the radio, I couldn't detect any voltage....)

Which leaves me at a loss where to take the "radio-switched" supply from.

Can you advise how you did yours Beerglass?

Thanks,
Graham

just bought a nokia ck-7w, i want to wire the speaker feed into the front speakers instead of using the small external speaker that is supplied, reading through the posts above is it just a case of chopping the speaker off the end and then connecting the wires inside the cable to the tel + tel - on the back of the concert HU?

well i fitted this kit today, just went with the nokia speaker, popped of the gear gator surround and put it inside there, nice and loud too. I plugged the mute wire into the back of the concert, it mutes the concert stereo fine but i get interference from the passenger side speaker, the noise you would get like when your about to receive a call. I've left the mute lead off for now, but would like to use it

any ideas?

run it into the stereo speakers instead or position your mobile further away from the head unit

HI, have also got hte nokia handsfree kita nd after they left one of the wires trailing, also getting really bad interference! Though beleive they ahve run the aerial cable witht eh speaker cable, but its just really bad witht he phone round the stereo.
Any ideas?