Concert HU Removal Keys

I found a description on Audiworld telling you how to do it without the keys. Worked a treat and saved me a tenner on the keys. See below

Cheers
Andy

The stock radio is a standard DIN mount (both the Bose and non-Bose versions use the same head unit), except that the face panel is wider than that of a standard DIN radio. The radio is held in place by a spring clip at the bottom of each side. To free a clip, stick something flat (like a nail file) into one of the slots at the bottom of the radio. Angle the tool so that as you insert it, it travels outward. Once it is in about an inch or two, straighten the tool...you're trying to catch the outside of the spring clip and pull it inward, so that it clears the frame and allows the radio to be pulled forward. The radio will slide forward when both clips are held inward.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know where I can get a set for cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a pair on Ebay for under a fiver.

I'll buy a set as I tried to use a nail file (wasn't mine I swear it was my mrs') and fecked the spring on the concert in my A3. I'll take a little more care with the A4 though.

Thanks guys.

I thought they were only a fiver in halfords. Best to buy them as otherwise you could damage the springs making it very difficult to remove. Also you could blow the fuse on the back of the radio

I just bought a pack of four off ebay for 6 quid... cant fault it..

on my s3 I DID blow the fuse by prodding at the HU with a modified hacksaw blade..

Doh! the nail file route is a sure way to ****** your headunit, and never get it out again....