RNS-E & ipod link

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
Folks, has anyone got the above and if so, does any of the tag info of the songs appear on the display?
What sort of control do you get over the ipod? Audi ipod link or Dension?

I'm curious too - anyone any info.

What price should i pay for a dension?

They vary too much in price on e-bay. I dont want a docking cradle though - it can just hide in my glove box.

I've got the Dension iPOD set up in my car with the RNS-E, so I can confirm:

1) You do not get any of the ID3 Tags
2) You can set upto 6 playlists and control them like CD's in a changer
- all you get displayed is CD # & TR#
3) You can set the iPOD to Suffle within any playlist from the headunit
4) You can forward / reverse skip tracks from the headunit
5) Have problems with the unit sometimes freezing and needing to be disconnected - doesn't effect the RNS-E at all
6) Limitations when more than 99 tracks in a playlist - sometimes skips to the end and will only display 99 - sometimes allows you to change playlist / sometimes doesn't

Hope that helps

Thanks - certainly helps me. Wont bother with the Dension then - i'll just bak up my main stuff onto a couple of 2GB SD Cards.

Cheers

I use the Harman/Kardon Drive & Play which is quite a decent setup (only the control knob glows blue which I don't like but is hidden behind control stalks mainly - easy to reach tho and you don't need to look at the knob to control the unit)

It alows full control of the ipod and I mounted the display low down on the console (I've the non-smoking option so it tucks away quite nicely in there)

I chose the out-of-the-way option so it looked neater and didn't attract unwanted attention at the expense of a higher easier to view (but tacky) dash mount. The other benefit of this is that I can play thru the radio as this has an adaptor plugged into the radio ant socket (the ariel then plugs into this adaptor) and the connection quality is very good as it's not transmitting (so legal too!)

DSC00361.jpg

Sorry about the grainy pic the display is actually quite clear but my phone is rubbish in low-light settings

[ QUOTE ]
I've got the Dension iPOD set up in my car with the RNS-E, so I can confirm:

1) You do not get any of the ID3 Tags
2) You can set upto 6 playlists and control them like CD's in a changer
- all you get displayed is CD # & TR#
3) You can set the iPOD to Suffle within any playlist from the headunit
4) You can forward / reverse skip tracks from the headunit
5) Have problems with the unit sometimes freezing and needing to be disconnected - doesn't effect the RNS-E at all
6) Limitations when more than 99 tracks in a playlist - sometimes skips to the end and will only display 99 - sometimes allows you to change playlist / sometimes doesn't

Hope that helps

[/ QUOTE ]

Balls.

Oh well, saves me a few quid I suppose.