Phat box and iTunes

hooch

Reaction score
Having read several reviews from forum members about the phatbox, im considering taking the plunge and parting with some hard earned cash. However, I do have a couple of questions first:

1. Is any additional cabling required or do you just unplug the leads from the multi disc changer and plug in the phatbox?

2. All of my music collection has been loaded on my PC using iTunes. Is the phatbox compatible with the iTunes format or will it need to be converted to a different format and if so which one?

Please help!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Dave

basically, phatbox is not compatible with itunes - this was a major downer for me, as the missus had just got used to Itunes, and creating her own playlists and buying music etc etc. This was the killer for me, so i went down the ice>link route.

If you want to use your itune music, and you've purchased it from itunes, you need to convert it all to MP3, as AFAIK phatnoise software wont read the itunes files.

If you've encoded your own CD's from within Itunes, and already encoded them to MP3, then you should be OK.

Sounds like a lot of hard work! Do you think its really worth all the hassle..
Im sure you can appreciate how unstable iTunes can be if you start to meddle with it too much...
I've already had to reload all of my collection(7000+ tunes) after downloading the last iTunes software update which caused my system to crash and burn..

Is the conversion process a fairly simple thing to do?

PS Sorry for the moan... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif