JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Phatbox and speaker upgrade

Ok

After reading a number of threads about phatnoise I am now thinking of making the switch.....as I am getting tired of my cds skipping when passing over speed tables/ potholes....so a few questions

1. Will the phatnoise skip when hitting bumps/ potholes?
    2. I already have cd mounted in the rear I believe it is a straight swap, is this correct?
    3. Should I buy in UK or US, as price in UK seems about 199 but US price is cheaper, but with items you need due to voltage difference, is there much difference in price?
    4. I am looking for recommendations as to what to look out for speaker upgrades ( One for andymac)...I am not electrically minded so please bear with me

Thanks for looking and I hope you guys (n gals) can help... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif[/img]

Thanks
    George [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Phatbox and speaker upgrade

1. Never experienced it myself and would imagine it's pretty unlikely

2. Should be, the phatnoise comes with an adapter cable

3. The voltage isn't a proble as the US ones come with switchable AC supply (for the USB cradle)

4. Like you say this one's for andy mac

Shakersville

Status

I have never experienced any form of skipping as for the power supply unit mine came from the USA and it needed replacing (2 pin plug & wrong voltage).

The cheap Phatnoise are all sourced from the USA

A lot of sellers on ebay are based in the USA & pretend to be in the UK (or source the box from there) they just bundle a new PSU with the box but some people have reported the PSU is of poor quality & not up to the job.

Mapin sell one that works for about 15.

Basically the box will have come from the same source just some one has changed the PSU for you if you are lucky its a good one if your not you will still have to replace it.

I have upgraded the speakers in my A4 with Focal unfortunately not sure about an A6.

If you have the CD cable installed its plug & play just make sure you get the Audi version of the Phatnoise (round plug) the glovebox CD changer requires a VW Phatnoise (rectangular plug) some people sell this as Audi

Reverse Gear

Status

mmmmmmm