Is it an amplifier????

RSAudi

Reaction score
Hi

In the boot compartment behind left side cover there is a large black box with a fan on it. Is this a power amp for the stereo?

A3 1.8T sport 2001 modle

No Rob that isnt a fan its just a grill for the sub u have. The amplifier if u have BOSE is on the right behind the panel.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cos the standard stereo sounds soooo good it would have to have an amp that big with a fan to keep all that power at bay. Yep MO is right, its the sub, if it's only got the "one fan" then it's not Bose just the standard sub. The amp is inside the sub box, and powers the sub and rear speakers.

Ta Mo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Didn't know I had a sub!! There is no end to my ignorance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Can someone please clarify where exactly the Audi amp is that powers the sub and rear speakers on the A3? I've looked but is must be hidden behind some panel! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

On a non-BOSE A4 the rear speaker amp is attached to one of the rear speakers, so I'm assuming that it's the same on my S3. I don't know whether the BOSE system amp in the rear cubby hole includes the active rear speaker amp or just one for the uprated sub-unit.

Anyone think it worth replacing the sub driver in the non-BOSE setup and keeping the standard enclosure? I need every inch of boot space so can't add a sub-box in the boot itself.