Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi Navigation System Plus RNS-E....Radio problems

Hi
    I have recently bought this car and am very happy with it. When I got the car using the radio on FM there was a full list of available stations that I could select. I understand this is dynamic and does it automatically.
    I have changed the Sat Nav disc for one bought on-line which allegedly updates the system to 2014 and to allow speed camera warnings to be displayed.
    Since I have updated with the new disk the stations on the radio have disappeared and are now replaced with Greyed out ones and others that look like a foreign language or hieroglyphics, none of which can be selected. I can only now listen to one station at a time which has to be selected manually. The sat nav appears to work ok but I have yet to see a speed camera or be warned of one.
    Have I screwed the RNS-E by installing a bogus disc?

Please can someone who knows about these units give me some advice.

I should point out that the unit now does not recognise the old sat nav disc

Thanks
    Marty

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Hi, Marty

I use a non- original map disk in mine, and it is fine. It doesn't have camera positions on it, though, it's simply an exact copy of an OEM disk. It works fine, with no issues about compatibility. I do believe that if you insert a new disk, the unit updates its software from the newer disk, which is why it then doesn't recognise the old one. It might be worth sending a private message to forum member NHN. He's the absolute guru on all things electronic with Audis.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals