Changer control on Audi Chorus

niggtv

Reaction score
I have a Chorus headunit in my 1997 A4 (originally was in the A3). The instruction book doesnt mention that it has CD changer control, and there is no 'source' or 'sel' button on it.

Does anyone know whether a Chrous of this age can control a CD changer or not? Its the older style with the central control knob instead of the two at each end.

Cheers guys

According to the wiring diagrams, the chorus and concert for your year can have a CD changer.

The connections are usually marked on the lid of the units, so that will confirm it.

I have just sold 2 brand new A4 cd changers for B5 chassis.

[ QUOTE ]
On my old Concert I there was a mode button on the bottom right which toggled between radio, cassette and CD changer.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too. If it didn't have a CD changer connected, it simply toggled between radio & cassette.

not all had cd controls though; my old 97 a4 didnt and they used to use different cd changers also with a different din lead...(panasonic I think?).
Concert 1 were actually produced by 2 different manufacturers also... blaupunkt and panasonic... they look identical but the pana doesnt suffer with the vol control prob apparently...