Hands free kits (S3 Symphony II)

mattyboy199

Reaction score
After a hands free phine kit for S3 & symphony II unit.

What price should i expect to pay ?

I want to use the tele mute function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

You will need a mute lead kit (autoleads do them) and are about 40-50 quid I think. I use a sony ericsson bluetooth kit; works fine and mutes stereo piping the audi through the speakers..

Nokia 6230i is the phone i have.

I take you ve basically ordered the parts & DIY the whole kit yourself then.

Yep, the nice thing about Audi's is they come apart and go back to gether niicely.

Plus the autoleads cnnectors allow you to simply plug and play the kit in. Also theres plenty of choice in mounting hard ware so you don't need to drill the dash etc.

J.

so what exactly do you have i m pretty clueless to this sort of thing. Does the hands free power run off the head unit or does it require further wiring.

Matt

It requires wiring into the fusebox with an inline fuse, a microphone being placed on the windscreen near the centre of the car and the cable tucking around the windscreen. Then if you want mute, you need to wire in a mute lead or attach the mute wire to the back of the headunit.
No offence, but if this sounds complicated to you dont do it and get a mobile phone fitter to do it for you (costs about 50 quid)...
You will need to remove the glovebox and the lower cover on the drivers side, will need an 8mm nut spinner, a crimping tool, some crimps and a meter to get a switched live and permanent live from the fusebox .