Audi's & Bluetooth

Anito

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I had bluetooth prep in my new S4. My existing Nokia works just fine but I've tried a few other phones and none of them work very well. They pair easy enough but have no real functionality.

I know there are lots of threads on hear about cradles and the fact that the compatability list is small but does anyone know why bluetooth > bluetooth many of the phones don't work well?

I'm asking this question with no real care for compatible cradles.

cheers.

Because Audi use an extension of GSM commands on top of the Bluetooth hands free profile to read the phone book from your phone over bluetooth and not all phones suppor these commands.

Summary....

This list of phones has been tested in the UK & US with an EU or US RNS-E . Your results may vary due to firmware issues with the phones etc.

So far paired and Hands free profiles with GSM commands for...

SE K608i
SE K700i
SE K750i
SE S700i
SE W800i
SE T68
SE Z540
Nokia 6021
Nokia 6111
Nokia 6230
Nokia 6230i
Nokia 6280
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6800
Nokia 6822
Nokia 8800
Nokia 8801
Motorola Razor V3
Motorola V550
Siemens S65
I-Mate K-Jam (firmware dependant)
Samsung A900 (firmware YL10)
Cingular 2125 Smartphone (HTC Faraday) (Orange C600?)
MDA Vario
Treo 650 (firmware dependant)
Blackberry 8700c

Phones that worked, with Hands free, but not the GSM commands (PDA phones mainly)

SE 910i
Nokia 7710
Nokia N70
Samsung D500
Samsung D600
Motorola MPX220
Qtek 2020i - Flakey
Sprint Audiovox PPC6600

Phones that found the Interface ,but no pairing at all:

T-Mobile MDA II
O² XDA II

Hi Craig,

So is there no way of getting these other phones working with all the functions?

My Nokia 8910i which is nowhere on the list actualyl works perfectly?

I have a Samsung D600 that pairs, but not much else.

cheers.

I have a Nokia 6111, which is on the list, but does not fully work. I only get phonebook, I do not get "Missed Calls", "Received Calls", "Numbers Dialed(sic)". I do get the network name(o2), and the signal strength indication. Basic call functions work ok though.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Craig,

So is there no way of getting these other phones working with all the functions?

My Nokia 8910i which is nowhere on the list actualyl works perfectly?

I have a Samsung D600 that pairs, but not much else.

cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anito, I didn't say that this list was definitive, what it is, is a list of phones that have been tested by users of Audi BT kits in the UK and US and there results posted to the web, it should be used as a guide as to what phones may work well for you with an Audi BT kit.

There is no way I can make these phones work as I dont work for Audi, Sony Ericsson, Nokia or any other phone company. All I can say is manufacturers update their firmware from time to time and functionality may be added, improved, or broken by these updates

I personally have a K750i and it works well since my last firmware upgrade, my old p910i however has minimal functionality and this will never change.

And the list is correct for the phones you have mentioned if you read it correctly.

Sorry, I never meant to sound like I was picking fault or blaming you.

Cheers for the answers though.

Sorry

Im upset, sold the RS6 today and now have no car, but a large bank balance

Yeah my RS6 cost me nothing at all, but brakes are needed soon and new tyres. So my swap to the W12 is £4250 and free servicing and maintenance for 4 years 75000 miles. Fuel is about the same.