Removing Bose Sub (1999 A3) & Keeping Rear Speakers?

SyA3Turbo

Reaction score
Website
www.dub-life.co.uk
I took the bose sub out of the A3 the other day as its pretty redundent now i have two 12s in there. When i did this i noticed i lost sound from the rear speakers. Are they connected through the same wiring in some way or amplified through bose?

Any help of advice to get them working again (other than put the bose back in)would be great. Cheers!

i thought the amp was on the opposing side, well it is in my S3.

Whatever the salesman told you, you don't have the Bose system upgrade.
The Bose system uses a 4ch amp on the drivers side for the cabin speakers and the sub has its own amp inside the sub enclosure.
The non Bose system uses the HU to power the fronts and the sub amp inside the sub powers both the sub & the rears.
I take it the sub you removed only has one speaker in it?
The Bose sub has 2 x 4" drivers in it and the Bose logo embossed down the front.
You can easily remove the amp from the enlclosure, isolate the wires that were going to the sub and plug it back into the sub loom to get your rears back again.

Cheers AndyMac. I didnt think my speakers were Bose, i just thought the sub was but its only got one speaker in there with an audi logo on the grill.

Cheers for the info, i might just unwire the sub and put the box back in to mount the cd changer on lol!

Well it certainly doesn't make the car any lighter by removing it!!!!

Right, sorted, cheers for the advice, thats one small amp in there lol!

I know it doesnt make the car lighter but i just didnt see the point of it being there if it wasnt actually doing anything. To be honest, its probably the worlds most pointless sub, i couldnt even actually tell i had one when i bought the car.

Yes I think Audi added it as an afterthought when they realised the standard stereo was so poor.