A3/S3 Stealth sub

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Just some pics for Ross:
SubInstallS3Bosemid.jpg

Collage3.jpg

Sub2Collage.jpg

Does anybody know how to remove the side panel in the boot of an 8P?

I am inspired by AndyMac and would like to attempt building a stealth sub for my own Sportback. It's just the fact that I have to dismantle a part of my car that slightly worries me. I definately don't want to damage anything. Last weekend I installed a Solisto MP3 player and that went easier than I expected. This has renewed my courage and maybe I am now ready to try and get the sidepanel out. All I need now is somebody that can tell which parts unscrew and which parts are clipped on and if there is a specific order in which to do things.

Andy: Do you know if the factory sub-amp also feeds the rear speakers or is that is a separate amp? If I build my own sub do I also have to get a separate amp for the rear speakers?

If it's non Bose then I'd imagine the rears use the same amp as the sub so you'll need a 3 or 4 channel amp to drive both sub & rears.

Always been interested in this since I first saw it, however is the sub box taller than the standard BOSE one?
If its more than 1-1.5cm taller would it be possible to shorten the length of it, say by an inch? I dont think I can get it to fit without a lot of reshuffling due to all the satnav junk Audi put in above it.

It's about 1cm taller, so CD changer still fits and the satnav junk.
I've made 22 of these so far and never had an issue

Andy, if you create some general info on your sub box I would be happy to make it a sticky in this forum? You have helped so many people out with your audio advice and your custom sub solution so it would be nice to return the favour by advertising your work!

Just a thought!

Thanks Dicky, I'll put a new post together with everything in.
Cheers, Andy

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Dicky, I'll put a new post together with everything in.
Cheers, Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem.

Bump....

Were can i find some of AndyMacs fantastic work...?? This poster i hear you mention. cant find any stickies of it.

Am currently on the search of some info on a 8P A3. sub + Amp + how to open the damn thing!!!

Thanks guys.

This is exactly what I found 4 years ago when I started on the 8L. Very little info so just had to figure it out for myself through trial & error.
Never worked on an 8P so can't be of much help, I can send you over the instructions for the 8L as there maybe little difference. PM me your email address if you want the PDF.

AndyMac said:
This is exactly what I found 4 years ago when I started on the 8L. Very little info so just had to figure it out for myself through trial & error.
Never worked on an 8P so can't be of much help, I can send you over the instructions for the 8L as there maybe little difference. PM me your email address if you want the PDF.

Cheers Andy, that info would be very use full. Trail & error is something i would rather not do. As i dont wont to damage anything. I just barly able to afford the car. lol.

Also how come there is no sticky about this even on the 8L, there seems to be a lot of people doing this.

anyway thanks. check your pm.

:icon_thumright:

I just found this link posted by another user on this forum.

http://www.a3phatnoise.quinlivan.net/

It explains how to remove side panel on a 8P!!

Excellent. thought i would post here incase other people might like to now.

You have to drill 2 holes, there is one already there that you can line up with. You may/will also need to drill 2 holes in the mounting flange of the amp depending on the amp.