Dension IPOD Link plus or Audi IPOD link?

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
Guys,

Any one offer any advise please on the above, I would like to get my IPOD linked up to the car a Audi 05/06 A3. I like the idea of having the Dension one near the wheel so you can see the track details but also I don’t want some thieving scroot breaking my window on the off chance I have left the IPOD in the car, so I'm leaning towards the Audi IPOD link as this can be fitted straight into the glove box.

Any advise would be good, also does anyone know if there is a hole already in the glove box for the lead to pass through.

How much are the removal keys for the OEM headunit by the way?

Thanks

Hi mate, the Dension Icelink cable doesn't just come in a cradle form - you can get it just as a cable link - which will fit in the glovebox.

I'm not sure how it compares to the Audi link though.

Take a look around on some car audio sites, I'm sure you wil be able to find the cable you want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

the dension has 3 options, dock cable, mini-ipod cradle, or regular ipos crade, and they are going to do a nano cradle soon.

personally d3fy, if i remounted my icelink i'd put it in the glovebox... i rarely use the ipod display, and i know whats playing usually, as i put it on there in the first place...

I`ve just installed the icelink plus - very quick and easy.. 99 quid for the cable version for s3 2001...

saves me the crappy cassette adapter and ipod power lead...

excellent quality sound...

I have gone down the Audi IPOD link route and hopefully will get a review up on Saturday/Sunday.