Whistle

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Finally installed my Ipod with the Dension Icelink, and dashmount kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif All is secure and looks good.

However, on my first blast out with the Ipod spinnin some tunes, I noticed there was a whistling sound. At first I disgarded it, and it went. Then it became more prominent. Not sure it was the ipod - I switched off the stereo and voila - it stopped.

It's quite funny as the 'whistling' seems to be related to the accelator - the more I put the foot down the louder it gets. Any ideas what it could be? I earthed the ipod to the big screw with the rubber gromit located on the back of the concert HU.

Any ideas what it could be, and why it is related to the accelerator? Quite bizzare.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hmmm - so earthing it in almost every place I can find does not solve the problem. Through more research I have found that this problem has happened with a few people!

It's the alternator that is picked up through suspected EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference), which sounds right as it only has interferance when the engine is running...pretty much all the time.

I have been reading about Ground Loop Isolators, though many are designed to fit amps. I was wondering if this one would be worth a try.

ns12.jpg

Details here

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Cheers guys!

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thats a noise suppressor, not a ground loop isolator.

The Noise suppressor goes across or inline with the power.

A ground loop isolator connects on the audio lines.

My Media player wines on my RS6, but the ground loop isolator removed about 99% of that.

£8.99 from Maplins., but you would have to try and wire it into the IPod adaptor.

Craig