new headunit on amped bose , popping when i touch anything. a4 quattro b6

jamesey

Reaction score
hello ive got a audi a4 quattro with a fully bosed set up in it , ive put my pioneer headunit in and it all works fine apart from everytime i turn radio on , chance cd trtacks , mute etc etc im getting a very loud pop , would a earth loop connector do the trick there must be someone thats had the same issue , ive got 2 pre outs connected up to my headunit as its the fully amped system.
if not what will stop the bang its doing my head in.
thanks

Ground loop isolator on each RCA should sort it for you mate.

pioneer head units have an unusual earthing system
which can occasionally go wrong and give these kind of faults , its usually caused by a blown earth earth track on the rca outputs

i couldn't be 100% that a ground loop isolator will work in this situation as it usually used to help equipment which is earthed in different places and receiving different voltages .... try it but if it doesn't work then youll either need to send it away to be repaired or have a go at replacing the tiny fuses yourself

I didn't realise there was a known problem with pioneers, my non-pioneer needed the isolators.

its not a problem if there working o.k , however over the years its been proven the grounding method pioneer use is not as robust as other manufacturers unfortunately

Ground loop isolators from maplin sorted mine, only issue was getting them in behind the unit, they are huge! Ended up extending the cables out and fitting them behind the glovebox