problem wiring my pioneer up into my full amped bose a4 (ign live)

jamesey

Reaction score
hi ive bought the correct adapter for my concert 2 cd player , ive got a quattro a4 with a full bose system , ive fitted my pioneer and plugged the things in i ordered (iso) and it didnt turn on , i got my tester and went round the iwres , i have got 12v permenant where it should be but theres no ign live in the audi harness if i join the yellow and red together the pioneer kicks up into life but then i cant turn it off with the key like id want to , ive read the ign live on the original cd comes from the small canbus wires , my question is wheres the best place to get a ign live from near the radio and will it go off on the key , thanks.

Hi. I have the pioneer app radio in my b6 s4 and had same problem. Had to run a wire round back of dash to fuse box and used one side of the wiper fuse. It's a switched live.

Hope this helps

b6 s4,s dont have this problem there is a permanent live and ign live in the original harness
you shouldnt have to run a wire for anything

jamesey would help if you described what vehicle and year is

Please enlighten me then. This is the first Audi I have changed stereos in and went off the information I found online The symphony 2 I took out and purchased all the required harnesses. No switched live. What wire would it be then? Would be good to know.

Thanks. Shawn

the switched live and permanent live are both in the original loom which goes to the original stereo
there are however more than a few different wiring harnesses and more than one way of connecting them up to get what you want from them
im removing my head units this afternoon so will try take some piccies and post up for future reference

nath

checked it
there is an acc live (its the white wire but i wouldnt use it to be honest as its connected to a few other things one of them being your canbus it also may not work with an aftermarket headunit which isnt canbus as the signal to turn on comes from the headunit itself )
so in all honesty id leave it well alone as any from of spike or power surge could cause it damage and possibly real damage to your canbus

you can get a wiring harness which plugs in and gives you acc live , but in reality its only fed off the permanent

the ignition is also on canbus so im not exactly sure how to get it so as when you pull the key out the stereo goes off as again
your connecting into canbus which isnt good without the proper controller

Reactions: S4 shqwn
Ah. So best place to take it is from the fuse box itself like the wipers I used. I'll leave it there then. Cheers for looking
:thumbsup:
Shawn

I have a canbus box from connects2. Work my pioneer off the key. Just like standard did. Try there tech help. Very good. No need to run extra wires. Cheers