RNS E Error messages

Final 3Green Land

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently acquired and retro fitted an RNS-E to my B5 A4 and am very pleased with it....

Except...

When in Nav Mode, I can chose a destination, the route is planned and shows up on the map including different route options, distances ETA's etc and I can read the route bit by bit page by page...

BUT...

When it tells me to 'proceed to route to start navigation' or something similar, (to start the navigational assistance) I then get a message similar to 'Route guidance cannot be started as you are not on a digitised road' Even though I have been on the M20, A259, A260 and other main roads in Kent.

The map shows the arrow at the location of where I am and follows the road system albeit with a little delay on occasion but shows me to be on the main roads I am actually on. (Put the lazy location updating down to the crap weather and storms preventing a 100% signal)

Anyone know what it means when the 'Not on a digitised road" message comes up, especially when I am on a Motorway which has been here for the last 25 years or more.

I have tried the original disc; genuine Audi 2008? ish edition and an Ebay special 2013 copy and get the same error messages spoken to me through the unit.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
A few questions

1. What version of RNS-E do you have MK1 or Mk2
2. Have you connected the speed pulse wire to the RNS-E
3. Have you coded the RNS-E for A6 with VCDS
4. Did you fit a can-bus adapter or do you have a facelift B5 and you connected the can-bus lines from the instrument cluster
5. Where did you get the ISO to Quadlock adapter

Last edited: